PAN CON TOMATE RECIPE
"Pan con tomate", often called "tostada con tomate", is simply some toasted bread with tomato, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
"Pan con tomate" is the most iconic, authentic and cheapest (1 Euro) Andalusian breakfast as well as the most delicious! Just imagine freshly baked bread from the village of Alfacar in Granada, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, fresh tomato and salt.
2 fresh ripe tomatoes ( cherry tomatoes or similar but have to be ripe/soft )
4 slices of sourdough bread
1 garlic clove ( peeled )
extra virgin olive oil
sea salt flakes
black pepper ( optional )
- Slice the bread as straight as possible so that it can be toasted/grilled evenly.
- Toast/grill on both sides. It is important to heat the grill sufficiently so that the crust forms as quickly as possible and the inside of the bread remains soft.
- Rub the garlic onto the toasted bread on both sides and edges too.
- Rub the fresh tomato on top, discard the skin.
- Drizzle with plenty of extra virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle some sea salt flakes and back pepper ( optional )
What about JAMON?
Of course we have to mention, that we love the very popular version with jamon, called "tostada con jamón". The steps are the same, but then you add freshly sliced jamon serrano or jamon iberico on top of your "pan con tomate" and the delicious meal is ready for you to enjoy!
We have created a short video to show you how easy this is! Don't forget to subscribe to JAMON.CO.UK YouTube Channel to get our latest videos!
Spanish Pan con Tomate y Jamón Recipe
The video was uploaded on 21/04/2021.You can view the video here. The video lasts for 58 seconds.