Huevos Rotos con Jamon (Broken Eggs with Jamon)
We love sharing simple, delicious, and traditional recipes. This one can be a nice change for people who love fried eggs, adding some Spanish twist.
Huevos rotos (broken eggs) is one of the most popular dishes in Spain. These are also known as huevos estrellados (star eggs) or huevos fritos (fried eggs). Fry the eggs until perfectly over easy and then break the yolk with the tip of a knife just before eating.
Juicy, delicious and with jamon serrano or iberico the best combination you can imagine!
Ingredients (4 People)
- 6 Eggs
- 4 medium Maris Piper potatoes
- 8 slices of Jamon Serrano or Jamon Iberico
- Olive oil
- Black ground pepper
- Sweet paprika
- Peel the potatoes, slice them into chips and fry them in plenty of olive oil in a deep frying pan. Place them on a plate lined with some paper towels ( to get rid of the grease) and add some salt. After about 2 minutes put on a serving plate.
- Fry the eggs quickly in some olive oil on a medium heat. The fried egg should be soft and the yolk not overcooked.
- Place the fried eggs on top of the fried potatoes. Add some salt and grounded black pepper on top.
- Spread the sliced Jamon Serrano or Jamon Iberico on top of the eggs and leave for a bit so the fat starts melting.
- Just before you start eating, break the eggs and mix well with the potatoes and the jamon.
- Add some sweet paprika and enjoy the amazing mixture of flavours of this simple Spanish dish!
TIP: If you are not a fan of fried potatoes, fresh bread is also great with this lovely dish.